The 60th meeting of the Society of the Central American Cooperative Program for the Improvement of Crops and Animals (PCCMCA) will be held this year in Guatemala, May 4-7, 2015. Link for more information and view the brochure.
The Pan-African Grain Legume Conference, organized by the Legume Innovation Lab and IITA in partnership with PABRA/CIAT, the CG Grain Legume Program, ICRISAT, and local NARS, and held jointly with the World Cowpea Conference, has been tentatively scheduled for the first week of March 2016 in Livingston, Zambia. Please reserve these dates on your 2016 calendars. Link here for more information. Link here to see the IYOP powerpoint.
Conference information will be updated regularly over the coming months on LIL’s Pan-African Grain Legume Conference webpage.
USAID External Review of Dry Grain Pulses CRSP
Documents for Desk-top Review
Welcome to the Pulse CRSP External Review Password-Protected site
We at the Dry Grain Pulses CRSP Management Office have established this site to be used in conjunction with the Pulse CRSP website to help you access information on the operations and projects of the Dry Grain Pulses CRSP with greater ease. We believe, however, that the public Pulse CRSP website is the ideal place to begin reading about our work. This special Evaluators’ section is designed only to complement the information available on the generally accessible Pulse CRSP website—and make some of the material more readily visible for downloading.
Briefly, this password-protected section provides ready access to financial, workplans, and progress reports, including documents that are not in the public domain, mostly in PDF format. We have also added links from the April 2012 BIFAD (Board for International Food and Agricultural Development) meetings, specifically, the CRSP Directors’ Presentations to the BIFAD External Review Team, which should provide you with a helpful look at CRSPs in general.
2. Technical and Cost Applications (2007, 2009)
- 1) Technical Application -Dry Grain Pulses CRSP Proposal (10-1-07 through 9-30-09 Original Proposal)
- 2) COST APPLICATION—DRY GRAIN PULSE CRSP (10-1-07through 9-30-09 Original proposal)
- 3) USAID Memo Re Increased Ceiling
- 4) Amendment Technical Application Dry Grain Pulses CRSP (10-1-07 to 9-29-12)
- 5 ) Revised Five-Year Budget for DGP CRSP (Additional funds 10-1-07 to 9-29-12)
- 6) Budget Narrative (Additional funds 10-1-07 to 9-29-12)
3. Original Approved Technical Applications and Budgets for all multiyear Phase I, II, and III projects
Phase I Technical Applications & Budgets
- Technical Application: Penn State
- Technical Application: Cornell
- Technical Application: ISU
- Technical Application: MSU-2 Bernsten
- Technical Application: MSU-1 Kelly
- Technical Application: UCR
- Technical Application:UIUC
- Technical Application: UPR
- Phase III Technical Applications & Budgets
- ISU-2 Phase III Technical Application
- KSU-1 Phase III Technical Application
- MSU-3 (Bennink) Phase III Technical Application
- MSU-3 (Bennink) Phase III Budget Summary
- TAMU-1 Phase III Technical Application
- TAMU Phase III Budget Summary
- MSU-4 (Maredia, Impact Assessment) Phase III Technical Application
4. Annual Workplans and Budgets for Phase I, II, and III projects
- FY 2008-09 Annual Project Workplans, Budgets, and Target Performance Indicators (Phase I)
- FY 2010 Annual Project Workplans, Budgets, and Target Performance Indicators (Phase I and III)
- FY 2011 Annual Project Workplans, Budgets, and Target Performance Indicators (Phase II and III)
- FY 2012 Annual Project Workplans, Budgets, and Target Performance Indicators (Phase II and III)
5. Annual Technical Progress Reports
- FY 2008-09 Annual Project Technical Progress Reports and Actual Performance Indicators (Phase I)
- FY 2010 Annual Project Technical Progress Reports and Actual Performance Indicators (Phase I and III)
- FY 2011 Annual Project Technical Progress Reports and Actual Performance Indicators (Phase II and III)
6. Pulse CRSP Technical Highlights
9. Research Publications
- Genetic Improvement
- Integrated Crop Management
- Nutrition and Health
- Value Chain
- Impact Assessment
- Research Publications, 1996-2004, Under the Bean/Cowpea CRSP
11. Programs for Global Meetings of the Pulse CRSP
- 2008 Program for Global Meeting of the Pulse CRSP: Barcelona
- 2010 Program for Global Meeting of the Pulse CRSP: Quito
- 2012 Program for Global Meeting of the Pulse CRSP: Kigali
12. Executive Reports of Workshops and Consultations
- Core Traits and Comparative Strengths of CRSPs Afforded by U.S. University Technical Leadership and Innovation in Research Contributing to International Agriculture Development
Presenter: Irvin Widders, DGP CRSP, Michigan State University
- Innovations in Human Resource Development and Institutional Capacity Building through the CRSP Mechanism
Presenter: Muni Muniappan, IPM CRSP, Virginia Tech University
- CRSP Alignment and Contributions to FTF “Global Food Security Research Strategy” and USAID Country and Regional Mission Strategies
Presenter: Elizabeth Mitcham, Horticulture CRSP, UC Davis
- CRSP Partnerships and Coordination with CGIAR and Other Donor Funded International Agriculture Research and Development Initiatives: Opportunities, Successes and Challenges
Presenter: Shana Gillette, Livestock–Climate Change CRSP, Colorado State University
- Assessment of Performance and Impacts of and by CRSPs
Presenter: George Norton, Virginia Tech University
- Administrative Structures and Management of CRSPs
Presenter: Tim Williams, Peanut CRSP, University of Georgia
1. Financial Reports for past several years
- Dry Grain Pulses CRSP Financial Report (10-1-07 to 2-28-09)
- Dry Grain Pulses CRSP Financial Report (10-1-07 to 9-30-10)
- Dry Grain Pulses CRSP Financial Report (10-1-07 to 3-31-12)
2. Sample agreements with Lead US universities and fixed price contracts with Host Country institutions and amendments
- Fixed Price Contract Subagreement Between U.S. Institution and Host Country (Sample)
- UIUC Amendment No. 1 (Fully Executed)
- UIUC Amendment No. 2 (Fully Executed)
- UIUC Amendment No. 3 (Fully Executed)
- UIUC Amendment No. 4 (Fully Executed)
- UIUC Amendment No. 5 (Fully Executed)
- UIUC Amendment No. 6 (Fully Executed)
- University of Illinois Subagreement (Sample of subcontract used)
3. TMAC Evaluations of Annual Workplans and Technical Progress Reports, plus recommendations
- TMAC Meeting Agendas
4. Awards for Institutional Capacity Building
- TMAC Inst Capacity Building Prop Recommendations for FY2009 (4-1-08 to 9-30-09)
- TMAC Inst Capacity Building Prop Eval & Rec ( FY10-1-09 to -30-10)
- Pulse CRSP Inst Cap Building Support FY10 - World Cowpea Conf scholarships (10-1-09 to 9-30-10)
- TMAC Inst Cap Build Proposal Evaluations & Recommendations ( 10-1-10 to 9-30-11)
- TMAC Inst Cap Building Recommendations for FY 2012 10-1-11 to 9-28-12)
- RFP, Dry Grain Pulses CRSP
- Pre-RFP Release Notification for the Dry Grain Pulses Collaborative Research Support Program (CRSP)
- Request for Expression of Host Country Institutional Needs and Interests
- Expression of Host Country Institutional Needs and Interests
- Invitation to Complete “Expression of Host Country Institutional Needs and Interests”
- REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST (REI) FROM U.S. UNIVERSITIES To Participate in the Dry Grain Pulses Collaborative Research Support Program (CRSP) (Award No. EDH-A-00-07-00005-00)
IYOP Events Page Launched
The Legume Innovation Lab has created a special link on its menu bar to keep its researcher up-to-date on events connected to the International Year of Pulses.
The first page link is dedicated to the upcoming Pan-African Grain Legume Conference, and will be updated regularly. A general Events page has also been created to provide information on forthcoming events.
While the LIL links will not be comprehensive for all IYOP events (see IYOP page for comprehensive information), they will be updated regularly.
Announcements on IYOP events will also appear on the LIL facebook page and twitter site.
Legume Scholars Program, Update
The application deadline for the Legume Scholars Program has been reached and the application process is now closed. More than 200 applications were received and are under review.
The Legume Innovation Lab thanks all of its researchers and collaborators for their enthusiastic response to the call for nominations. Information on the Legume Scholars Program is available here.
Legume Innovation Lab Launches Facebook Page
The Legume Innovation Lab is on Facebook. Please “like” our page here to receive updates and stories on legume research.
Legume Innovation Lab on Twitter
The Legume Innovation Lab has launched a Twitter account named Legume InnovationLab. Follow our feed to receive the latest updates on the Lab and research and development work related to the legume sector.