Call for Abstracts
CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
2017 Feed the Future Legume Innovation Lab
Grain Legume Research Conference
13 to 18 August 2017, Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso
All Feed the Future Legume Innovation Lab scientists and collaborators are invited to prepare and to submit abstracts for presentation during oral or poster sessions at the 2017 Feed the Future Legume Innovation Lab Grain Legume Research Conference in Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso, 13 to 18 August 2017. Presentations should focus on research conducted under the Feed the Future Legume Innovation Lab, including advances in technology development, improvements in management practices, new knowledge generated, and evidence of developmental impacts from outputs of grain legume research. Since this is the final conference of the 2013-2017 Legume Innovation Lab program, the goal is to showcase the research achievements of the international community of LIL scientists and to consider how the research outputs can potentially improve the livelihoods and nutrition of smallholder grain legume farmers, value chain stakeholders, and consumers in Sub-Saharan Africa and Latin America. Only abstracts from Feed the Future Legume Innovation Lab PIs and collaborators will be considered for inclusion in the conference program; those researchers may submit more than one abstract for presentation.
Topical Areas of the Conference
- Genetic improvement of grain legumes for abiotic factors (including research on photosynthesis and biological nitrogen fixation)
- Genetic improvement of grain legumes for biotic factors
- Integrated soil fertility management in grain legume cropping systems
- Integrated pest management in grain legume cropping systems
- Grain legumes in human health and nutrition
- Farmer decision making, technology dissemination, and Impact assessment
- Policy, economics, and value chains for grain legumes, including seed value chains
Submission of Abstracts
An online system has been set up for the submission of 300-word abstracts (maximum 2200 characters) at https://events.anr.msu.edu/legumelababstract/ (a link to this page is also available on the LIL website conference pages at http://legumelab.msu.edu/lil_burkina_faso_conference/submit_abstracts; full instructions are at the site. Conference participants may submit multiple abstracts for which they are an author or co-author and may present papers in either oral or poster session(s). For publication purposes, authors of a select number of abstracts will be invited to submit four-page research briefs for inclusion in the Conference Proceedings.
Schedule and Important Deadlines
- Call for Abstracts opens March 20, 2017.
- All Abstracts should be submitted electronically by 30 April 2017.
See the LIL Conference website for regularly updated information on the conference.